Ulster County Child Custody Lawyers
Call (845) 605-4330 Today for a Consultation
At the Law Office of Dennis R. Vetrano, Jr., LLC, we understand the gravity of child custody proceedings, and we further realize the importance of reaching as swift and amicable a resolution as possible. If you and your ex can agree to terms of custody and visitation for the most part, then our skilled negotiators can ensure that your rights are protected in a robust legal document. If the other parent simply won’t cooperate, our trial-tested lawyers know how to vigorously protect your parental rights in court.
- Why Choose Our Child Custody Attorneys?
- 75+ Years of Combined Legal Experience
- Won Avvo Clients’ Choice Award for Family Attorney
- Knowledgeable, Caring, Trial-Tested Advocacy
- We Treat Every Client with Respect
- Dozens of 5-Star Reviews from Clients
- Confidential Consultation to Discuss Your Case
We will do everything in our legal power to preserve your child’s best interests, providing unflappable, tenacious advocacy to ensure a favorable outcome. Discover what dedicated, pragmatic representation can achieve for you and your family. We encourage you to take advantage of your consultation!
Email us today or call (845) 605-4330 to set up an in-office consultation.
Determining Child Custody in New York
A separating couple will have the opportunity to reach a child custody agreement out of court through the process of mediation. If the couple cannot agree on a child custody plan, the court may see fit to intervene and issue a child custody order. The court will assess many factors when determining a child custody arrangement. Every family court judge will act according to what is presumed to be in the best interests of the child or children.
According to New York Domestic Relations Law, the courts may consider the following in child custody cases:
- A child custody agreement that was developed in the past and is currently being used successfully by both parents and all minor children involved in the marriage
- Each parent's ability to cooperate with the other parent and to encourage a healthy relationship with the other parent
- Which parent has been a primary caregiver or nurturer in the past
- The need for stability in the child's life
- Parenting skills of each parent; their individual strengths and weaknesses
- Parents' financial ability to provide for child's special needs
- The quality of the home environment that each parent provides
- Mental and physical health of the parents
- Whether there has been domestic violence in the family
- Work schedules and childcare plans of each parent
- Child's relationship with siblings
- The child's desires or preferences
Advocating for Mothers & Fathers Throughout Ulster County
Our attorneys completely understand the unique needs of parents. Our child custody lawyers in New York proudly represent both mothers and fathers who are seeking custody of their children. We specifically work hard to facilitate agreeable custody arrangements that not only work for both parents but ensure the well-being of their children. Call the Law Office of Dennis R. Vetrano, Jr., LLC to speak with us directly about any questions or concerns you may have at this time.
Call (845) 605-4330 today to schedule your consultation.
We are proud to offer discounts to teachers, members of the military, and law enforcement personnel. It’s a small token of our appreciation for the work they do for us each and every day.
Read What Past Clients Had to Say
“The outcome of the case was perfect and the case settled without any issues. I had no chance to stress!” - Rosa Gonzalez
“Very professional, yet compassionate.” - Rebecca T.
Our Team Knows How to Negotiate Aggressively for Clients
Our Attorneys Have Substantial Trial Experience
Our Firm Treats Every Client With the Respect They Deserve
Our Team Has the Knowledge, Experience, and Resources to Successfully Try a Case
We have the Ability to Know Which Cases Need to Be Tried and Which Cases Can Be Settled
We Focus on Compassion, Communication & Effectiveness