Collaborative Divorce in Dutchess County
– (845) 605-4330
No one really wants to enter a heated contest when going through a divorce but sometimes it seems like two spouses cannot get along on their own to settle matters quickly, fairly, and quietly. If you have found that you and your soon-to-be ex-spouse each want to avoid a serious family law dispute but are not sure where to begin, it may be time to consider a collaborative divorce. At the Law Office of Dennis R. Vetrano, Jr., LLC, our divorce lawyers in Dutchess County are highly-skilled when it comes to all types of divorce procedures and can bring 75+ years of collective legal experience to your collaborative divorce case.
Understanding the Collaborative Divorce Process
Collaborative divorce can feel much like mediation since the groundwork is based on the notion of eliminating conflicts and concluding a divorce with as few trips to the courtroom as possible. Upon a closer review, the dissimilarities begin to form. Before you choose mediation, collaboration, or a legal contest, talk to your attorney to know what you can expect from each one.
The collaborative divorce process typically breaks down into the following steps:
1. Each spouse hires a collaborative divorce lawyer.
2. Each spouse meets with his or her lawyer on their own, discussing what is expected and wanted from the divorce overall.
3. All parties sign a “no court” agreement that states neither collaborative divorce attorney can represent either spouse if the matter goes to court; other lawyers from the same law firm may still be considered.
4. Parties/counsel work with a team of collaborative professionals including coach(es), child specialist(s), and financial experts to name a few to discuss each spouse’s wants along possible middle grounds.
5. Steps 2 and 4 are repeated until an amicable divorce agreement is created, or the divorce is moved to litigation.
Cut Costs, Time & Energy with Collaborative Divorce
Working together with people you may have seen as an “enemy” is ultimately a helpful process, in family law disputes and other aspects of life. Our Dutchess County divorce attorneys bring this concept to life through collaboration. We always keep your best interests in mind as your divorce proceeds, though, and do what we can to steer you away from one-sided compromises. This is part of the Law Office of Dennis R. Vetrano, Jr., LLC difference we know you will appreciate.
Tell us what is going on in your life by calling (845) 605-4330today.
Our Team Knows How to Negotiate Aggressively for Clients
Our Attorneys Have Substantial Trial Experience
Our Firm Treats Every Client With the Respect They Deserve
Our Team Has the Knowledge, Experience, and Resources to Successfully Try a Case
We have the Ability to Know Which Cases Need to Be Tried and Which Cases Can Be Settled
We Focus on Compassion, Communication & Effectiveness