yOUR CASE IS MY CASE
ACCUSED OF A SERIOUS CRIME? WE STAND UP FOR YOUR RIGHTS!
No one plans to get into trouble with the law, yet it happens all the time. Thousands of people are accused of or charged with a serious crime every day, whether it is based on a misunderstanding, exaggeration, false evidence, and so on. If you have found yourself staring down an uncertain future due to a criminal charge or accusation, know you are not alone and that you have the option to defend yourself with the help of the Law Office of Dennis R. Vetrano, Jr., LLC.
Our criminal defense attorneys in Dutchess County are ready and willing to stand up for you and shield you from the unforgiving might of the legal system. When you are being questioned by investigators or already scheduled to go into criminal court, you can depend on us to act as your unwavering representatives.
CRIMINAL DEFENSE CASES OUR TEAM MANAGES
There are so many different criminal violations on New York’s books but you only need one law firm to challenge your charges: the Law Office of Dennis R. Vetrano, Jr., LLC. Our Dutchess County criminal defense attorneys are renowned for our knowledgeability and experience in handling some of the most complex and difficult defense cases for our clients with success.
To name some of the cases our law firm can handle:
- Driving while intoxicated (DWI)
- General misdemeanors and felonies
- Child abuse
- Domestic violence
- Drug crimes
- Suspension of driver’s license
- Theft crimes
- Unlicensed operation of motor vehicle
- White collar crimes
No matter what is going on in terms of your criminal defense case, we genuinely want to be the attorneys and support staff that sets you down the right path to a brighter future. Please do not hesitate to contact us at your first opportunity to learn more about how we can help you.
Every criminal violation will have punishments unique to its circumstances and the details specific to the suspect’s arrest. You may not know exactly the penalties you could face until your trial is underway. However, you can anticipate what might happen based on how similar crimes were penalized in your state in the past.
Most crimes will be penalized with the following consequences upon conviction:
- Incarceration: People convicted of a serious misdemeanor can be incarcerated in a county jail for up to 364 days. Felony crimes can be penalized with incarceration in a state prison for one year or longer.
- Fines: Criminal violations are most commonly penalized fines paid to the state or to the federal government, depending on the crime in question. Fines can range from a few hundred dollars to tens of thousands of dollars for the most serious of crimes.
- Community service: To benefit a community in need, judges may tack community service onto certain sentencing requirements. Services can range from cleaning up the side of a highway to even participating in mandatory fire brigades.
- License suspension: Driver’s licenses, professional licenses, and career-related certifications can all be suspended or revoked, especially when the crime relates to those licenses and accreditation.
Advantages of Hiring a Former Prosecutor
A prosecutor is an attorney who determines which charges to file against a person accused of a criminal offense, then tries the case in a court of law. A criminal defense lawyer who has had legal experience as a prosecutor can offer insight that your typical attorney cannot.
The following are the advantages of having a former prosecutor as your lawyer:
- Has a thorough understanding of both sides of the courtroom - While a prosecutor must present factual evidence to attempt to obtain a conviction, a defense lawyer generally only needs to provide the best defense possible to prove there is a reasonable doubt. This allows a lawyer to know the prosecution’s weaknesses, which will strengthen their client’s case.
- Experience in courtroom litigation - A seasoned prosecutor spends most of their career litigating cases in the courtroom. The truth is that most cases are settled without a trial, which means many lawyers practice law without ever stepping foot in court. Former prosecutors will be better equipped to handle cases that reach trial.
- Negotiate better plea deals - A former prosecutor understands how far the District Attorney may be pushed during plea negotiations. The first plea bargain is often more favorable for the prosecution, so a lawyer with experience as a prosecutor can use their knowledge of the other side to effectively and successfully negotiate deals for their clients.
- Capable of handling a heavy caseload - Ordinary criminal defense attorneys have a select number of clients since they can only give each client so much attention and time. By contrast, prosecutors have a larger caseload since there is a constant flow of cases for the state to handle. Former prosecutors know how to effectively handle their cases, no matter how much they have on their plate.
- Familiar with the local court - A former prosecutor will have tried a number of cases in local court. An attorney with prosecution experience may have an extensive understanding of the biases of each judge and how they often rule in the previous case. Additionally, a former prosecutor may also have the admiration and respect of their former colleagues and peers.
At the Law Office of Dennis R. Vetrano, Jr., LLC, we have four former prosecutors on our experienced legal team. They can provide unrivaled insight into how the prosecution may prepare for your case, then build an effective defense strategy to strengthen your argument. No matter how complicated your case may be, our Dutchess County criminal defense attorneys can help you get the best outcome possible.
DEFEND YOURSELF WITH CONFIDENCE BY CALLING (845) 605-4330
You deserve a chance to tell your side of the story. You deserve respect and fairness whenever you go before a judge or jury. You deserve nothing less than the excellent service of our Dutchess County criminal defense attorneys. We will fight for the best possible outcome, ranging from a case dismissal, charge reduction, or a not guilty verdict. Best of all, our law firm includes four former prosecutors who can give unrivaled insight into what the opposition may do in your case.
“The outcome of the case was perfect and the case settled without any issues. I had no chance to stress!” - Rosa Gonzalez
“Very professional, yet compassionate.” - Rebecca T.
Our Team Knows How to Negotiate Aggressively for Clients
Our Attorneys Have Substantial Trial Experience
Our Firm Treats Every Client With the Respect They Deserve
Our Team Has the Knowledge, Experience, and Resources to Successfully Try a Case
We have the Ability to Know Which Cases Need to Be Tried and Which Cases Can Be Settled
We Focus on Compassion, Communication & Effectiveness